We have given wings to adult learners, late bloomers, trail blazers and dream-chasers helping them manifest their dreams by creating professionals in the field of education and counselling. The institute conducts P.G. Diploma, Diploma and certificate courses in Early Childhood Teacher Education, Counselling and Special Education in the regular as well as online mode.
It is a matter of pride to inform that we are the only Institute in Mumbai offering University of Mumbai affiliated programs such as the Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education (DECCED) and the Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling (PGDC).
What is special about the training?
- The training is a balance of theory and practicum.
- The intensive internship in all the three streams gives the student a hands-on field experience that helps them apply theory into practice. Internship not only hones the skills that are required for the profession but also acts as a steppingstone to receive job opportunities.
- An array of field visits helps the students understand the various transactional strategies adopted be it a visit to a progressive school, an anganwadi, a special school, an integrated school or a school following an inclusive approach. The trainee counselors visit various counseling agencies and organizations to comprehend the diverse roles a counselor needs to play.
- Teaching methodologies adopted are not the usual chalk-and-talk method. Students are taken in on a journey which is filled with pertinent workshops, seminars, presentations, role plays, panel discussions, creative art activities and sessions that are customized to their specialization be it teaching, counseling or special education. All attempts are made to make this sharing of knowledge meaningful.
- Competent and qualified faculties guide the students in every aspect of theory & practicum.
- Community outreach programs develop in students the impetus to be a change-agents and extend their learning to the betterment of the community.
The institute thus aims to offer professional and holistic development to all its students. There is immense focus on balance of theory and practicals across our programs. Optimal skill set development being the cornerstone of any professional program is largely emphasized here too.
"The ideals of education should not be to teach the maximum, to maximise the results, but above all to learn to learn, to learn to develop and to learn to continue to develop after leaving school!!" - Jean Piaget