A certified Post Graduate Diploma affiliated to University of Mumbai, which equips students to become efficient counsellors, competent enough to deal with contemporary counselling issues.
B.A. (Psychology), BSW, B.Ed., B.Sc. (Human Development), B.A. (Education)
Objectives of the course:
- To develop an understanding of the concepts of Guidance and Counselling.
- To develop attitudes, skills, insight and techniques necessary to be an effective counsellor.
- To acquire knowledge of different areas of counselling.
- To familiarize with different types of psychological and diagnostic tests.
- To orient students about the working of different guidance and counselling centers.
- To apply knowledge and understanding gained through observations about human behavior.
- To develop competencies to guide & counsel in educational & vocational choice.
||Tools & Techniques of Counselling, Intervention strategies
||Techniques of counselling
||Assessment & Areas of Counselling
||Tools and Techniques of Assessment
||Special Areas of Counselling
||Educational & Vocational Guidance
Counselling Sessions using various intervention strategies
Collection and Dissemination of Occupational Information
||Minimum 60 hours
|Participation in Social Service
||Minimum 10 hours
Students are required to complete their course within the prescribed one/two years of the course duration. In specific cases, approved by the Director of the institute the student can complete the course within a period of 3 years as prescribed under the rules and regulations of the institute. Completion of the course includes appearing for and passing the written examinations, passing the viva voce, all practical components and such other tests, exams, and assignments as may be prescribed by the institute. There shall be no extension of time granted for completing the course. The only exception will be in case of long illnesses due to cancer, TB, chronic kidney disease, paralysis, cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis and duly certified by a medical practitioner approved by the institute.